Montessori Education and Child Care
The Montessori philosophy is based on helping children develop their intellectual, motor and life skills, enabling them to be successful in school and later in life. Our facility allows children to move and play freely, stimulating their interests and inner need to grow. Our students are involved in a variety of activities including circle time, independent work, outside activities, physical education, crafts, puzzles, music and more. We celebrate different occasions throughout the year including Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Valentine's Day and, of course, our year-end party.
In the Montessori preschool program, our students learn in a prepared environment made up of five distinct areas:
- Practical life – This area enhances the development of task organization and cognitive order through care of self, care of the environment, exercises of grace and courtesy and coordination of physical movement.
- Sensorial – This area enables the child to order, classify and describe sensory impressions in relation to length, width, temperature, mass, colour, pitch, etc.
- Mathematics – This area makes use of manipulative materials to enable the child to internalize concepts of number, symbol, sequence, operations and memorization of basic facts.
- Language arts – This area includes oral language development, written expression, reading, grammar studies, creative dramatics and children's literature. Basic skills in writing and reading are developed through the use of sandpaper letters, alphabet cut-outs and various presentations allowing children to link sounds and letter symbols effortlessly and to express their thoughts through writing.
- Cultural activities – This area exposes the child to basics in geography, history and life sciences. Music, art and movement education are also part of the integrated cultural curriculum.
Open Door Policy
Our open door policy allows our families to feel comfortable to stop in or phone whenever they wish. We want you to feel comfortable putting your child in our care. We look forward to seeing you!
Our environment is focused on child development and the philosophy of learning through play. For more information on our programs and philosophies, call our office today.